View Single Post
Old June 26, 2013, 05:27 PM   #8
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 603Country
Just for info, Windows 8 is making me crazy, but I can see that once I have everything set up it'll be a good system. I'm almost finished with all the setups...I think.
No it won't because that very sentence defies what a "good system" would be. It's in your way, it's not intuitive and it keeps you from using your computer to do what you want to do, instead of screwing around trying to make Windoze "work". You get it set and it'll work until Adobe or Java or Microsoft or God-knows who will update something and then it won't work again, or until 6 months passes and the registry is so crammed with crap that it takes longer to load a webpage that it should to boot the machine from scratch and you can brew coffee while it "wakes" from sleep.

In any case, setting your home page is explained by Microsoft, here.

"Pinning" your favorites is explained, here.

I'm the "Tech Support" for my entire family and extended family. I've finally told all of them that I'm no longer providing support unless they buy a Mac. It works completely to my advantage because if they don't I simply refer them to HP, Dell, Microsoft, whoever, and if they do, the computer JUST WORKS, is intuitive and functional and I no longer NEED to provide support. The last hold-out just bought one about a month ago. The silence is almost deafening.

Page generated in 0.03860 seconds with 8 queries