View Single Post
Old December 9, 2011, 10:06 AM   #22
TexasJustice7

Quote:
Silent Bob: A local hospital (TMC of Denison) is posted with a very visible "gunbuster" sign but not a 30.06 sign. My understanding from my CHL class is that they must be properly posted with a 30.06 sign, so I carried my .45 in when I went to go visit my grandmother after her heart surgery. It would have been preferable that you hadn't contacted the hosptial about their sign, next time you probably will find a legal 30.06 sign posted. I prefer not to educate places about non-legal signs. I hope this wasn't TMC you've riled things up at.
No Silent Bob, that was not the hospital involved. As long as they are nice about it, and provide me an answer, I am willing to use other facilities which I already have access to where there are no such signs, and where my civilian doctors know I carry and have a permit. On this issue a local gunshop, the best one around, not far from where I live, has a sign which
requires gun owners to disarm before going into the gunshop. They definitely lose a lot of my business because of that sign. I respect the sign,
I do not violate it even if the sign is not legal, but I don't have to buy from them. I don't make a scene about it, nor rile them up about their sign, but I can always find somewhere else to conduct my business. The same applies to the hospital facility which has medical providers who practice there.
The lady I am speaking with thanked me for bringing it to her attention and I expect an answer in a few days.

Page generated in 0.02986 seconds with 8 queries