Thread: Old Army "ting"
View Single Post
Old March 8, 2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Dingoboyx

G'day from down under

Hey Olyinaz, no probs, Muzza (Murray) this end. Here in Oz all the states and territories have different gun laws, very strict on handguns and their storeage. In my territory, ACT (Australian Capital Territory) someone wanting a H (handgun) licence has to join a handgun club, apply for a 'Police Criminal History Search' to see if you have been naughty, attend the club 6 times in 6 months, get your instructor to sign you off on a licence..... wait 6 months (still shooting at the club )then you can purchase, wait for it...... a .22 pistol and .....an air pistol!! lmao. I was lucky coz I shot Black powder my first gun was the ROH .44 c&b. Here we are only allowed up to 9mm/.38 but being in Black powder (and SASA) and 44 is a black powder caliber we can have up to .45 single action revolvers. Then, to maintain your H licence, you have to shoot 6 club events per year. Also, being in the Police Pistol Club, can have anything up to 9mm/.38. Most shoot Glock, Browning, S&W, Trojan and various .22s semi autos, or S&W double action revolvers .38s/.357 with side wheel (speedloaders) My Glock 34 has a stainless (rifled) barrel, like a Basto barrel but some other brand and a long mag release button, otherwise stock. Licenced pistol shooters can buy as much ammo as you want and there is no limit (yet) on how much propellant you can keep. Oh, but you can only buy 10kg of powder.... per day?! lol. ACT is a small territory, so handguns are for range only.... no carry, no hunting. And we are allowed to put 10 rounds in our mags..... hehehehehe and they are still only a pistol.... not an assault weapon.... And you can even have the screw-off barrel nut on the Walther P22.
Catch y'all later, email if you want, remember there is 14 hours time difference
cheers, Muzza

Page generated in 0.03422 seconds with 8 queries