View Single Post
Old March 2, 2013, 12:36 AM   #11
sigcurious

Quote:
1. 1.If it's concealed then it has to stay concealed. Even "printing" can lead to brandishing charges. By this new piece of legislation even if I have a CCP I can say I was open carrying.

2. I was talking about the sp101 a S/DA revolver I can cock and un-cock the firearm in a big jacket pocket with one hand which will load the weapon, given that there would have to be two empty chambers (two mechanical actions required to fire = unloaded by Utah law) and that there is a transfer bar. By the unaltered legislature the firearm can be in a pocket as long as part of it is visible. The new bill blurs that line allowing my to decide the nature of carry.
If the new bill passes entirely, I would be cautious about all your assumptions on how it would effect the law in place. It's a small addition, and doesn't change any of the other definitions. You seem to be inferring a lot of change that isn't defined in the law. The bill doesn't change 76-10-501 which defines concealed. So in the case concealed is still concealed and open is still open, it doesn't add any new definitions for this grey area you're implying.

Page generated in 0.02803 seconds with 8 queries