Thread: shotgun
View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 02:36 PM   #22
turbodog77

I like clint smith videos and he is an excellent person to learn from.
I would also take into consideration about safety of family members in other rooms as someone mentioned. I would take classes as well.
Safety is huge in my house.
I have also had a home invader and it is scary. I am a woman and was home alone with my daughter. The guy walked right by her and I am thinking he didn't even see her sleeping on couch.
He took my purse and went out front door. I was sleeping and he actually came up to the top of the stairs. I thought I was having a nightmare, actually I closed my eyes and rolled over counting to 10, praying to God that I was dreaming somehow thinking it was real!!. I rolled back over and opened my eyes slowly. I thought it was a dream.
But, it was not.
Not after arising early at 7 am stumbling to the refrigerator, then jumping with eyes buldged out looking at the back door wide open and turning to find my purse gone! scariest part of story is my daughter was sleeping so soundly that I called her several times and my heart dropped. I thought she was dead. I shook the geebies out her and she awoke. I remembering saying OMG are you alright and did you move my purse"!? Once, she fully awaken I remember her saying," OMG, so some stranger walked right by me as I was sleeping?!"
Terrible went on after calling the police and not thinking clearly that also the police never showed up, so I call state police, they yelled get out of the house immediately. ugh,,,, never had it happen so wasn't really thinking he could of still been inside!
I am very luckily. I don't think I could of even fought him off if he had done anything I had surgery 2 wks previous and was so sick.
I had always wanted a gun but decided to buy sensor lights instead and a cheapy loud as sin alarm that simply goes on the back door and when the magnet is seperated on the door jam an ear piercing sound goes off.
I also double check doors nightly the last 4yrs now.
I presently I have inquired my mother's shotgun. I have squirrel shot for target shooting, going out to have a guy coach me how to shoot it correctly (only shot a shotgun once in my life). I feel right in knowing that I will be able to shoot it correctly.
But have a lock installed on the bedroom and even though my dog is trained to attack I would most likely huddle with her in the closet ( the night this happened, dog actually was under window air conditioner never heard the guy going up the stairs ). I take my phone to bed every night and put it on the night stand.
I live in a good neighborhood but that's the ones that get burgularized too.
I don't even think I could shoot a person really.
I visited a local gunshop yesterday , they had nice priced shotguns.
And for home defense a guy showed me a Taurus, called "The Judge" that was an awesome handgun. And you will have to check the shot out that's used in it. I thought it was over kill though.
But for me, really, safety first. You can make a gun holder for the wall beside the bed if you feel that you are unsafe.
good luck

Page generated in 0.02528 seconds with 8 queries