View Single Post
Old August 21, 2008, 09:50 AM   #12
Magnum Wheel Man

I'm also in the market for a 7mm... & what you guys have said makes sense... even though I really like what I've seen from the 7-08... I want a 6.5 X 55, & was thinking a 7mm mag since the 6.5 X 55 is so close to the 7-08... but feel you guys are probably right as far as effective distances... hmmm... maybe I don't need a 7mm at all with the 6.5 X 55 ???

anyway... I do have 2 BOSS rifles ( mine are Browning Stainless Stalkers ), one in 338 Win Mag, the other in 375 H&H, & they greatly reduce recoil... I'd bet the 7mm mag doesn't kick any more than the 7-08... the noise level of the large magnum rounds should be used with hearing protection anyway, so I have no issues with either of my BOSS equiped rifles... I'm sure with the BOSS, that the 7mm mag rile will outshoot the new Ruger in 7-08 ( provided the Winchester is not worn out )

I guess since the 7mm mag is cheaper, & purchased from somone you know... if it's still in good shape... I guess I'd probably buy that one... but agree that all things equal... the 7-08 would be cheaper to shoot, just as accurate, & plenty powerfull for any normal use...

Page generated in 0.02522 seconds with 8 queries