View Single Post
Old December 20, 2006, 03:31 AM   #12
Hotdog1911

Neutralized BGs don't read rule books.

It was at a IDPA match. You had to shoot from behind cover, a wooden 55 gallon barrel lying on its side. I rested the butt of my 1911 on the barrel and center-punched all the BGs with the butt of the gun on the top of the cover for all my shots. The nimrod scoring the stage said next time I'd have to expose less of my body or he was going to add some penalties. Idiot.

I agree your feet need to stay behind the barricade, always, for a Bianchi style stage. Keeping your ballance is part of the game. But the I_Dont_Practice_Anymore crowd says they want to be 'practical'. O.K. If you score maximum points on all the BGs from that posittion, behind cover, and they, the BGs, have all been neutralized or aired-out, what's the problem exposing a bodypart to a past threat? "Yah, but..but...but...the rule book says..."

It's course design. If you want the shooter to stay behind cover then spell it out in the walk thru. Sometimes you stay behind cover because there maybe a threat out there that you can't see. And sometimes you expose yourself, for a small period of time, to get into a better position to finish the job. In real life you must incrementally expose parts of your body to properly 'Slice the Pie' or do a 'HammerHead Shark' drill. People are lasy and don't think things thru. Most of the time the competitors, or, a competitor, finds a new way to solve the problem in a way the designer never thought of and offends his ego. Ewww. Game-player. Bad. Evil. Yea, right.

Page generated in 0.02631 seconds with 8 queries