Thread: 870 upgrade
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2011, 08:33 PM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

So we have decided that you need this for offensive rather than defensive uses... Check...
Quote:
I want to upgrade it to just a pistol grip,
Most with actual extensive shotgun training and/or use will tell you that this is far from an upgrade... Far less useful control of the weapon is just one reason.

Quote:
and a threaded barrel for the remington breacher barrel. Has anyone on here ever used the breacher barrel?
I am guessing you really mean a breacher "choke" that threads into the muzzle?
If so, you will find very few American civilians that have ever "used" a breacher to breach... That would be silly in almost every possible sense. Breachers are for dynamic ENTRANCE into a building and require different ammo than used to stop 2/4/6 legged threats.
You will find many who have fired through a breacher equipped barrel while just bustin' off a few rounds for the heck of it.

Quote:
In comparison to the Mossberg 500, is it better or less than equal in quality?
Both are no less a novelty than toy hand cuffs so which ever novelty you prefer would be up to you.
Quote:
The reason I do not have a mossberg 500 are for two reasons, breaking down the 500 requires a tool for the choke,
Any screw in choke could, at anytime, require more than a firm grip of the bare paw to crank loose.

The screw in chokes I am familiar with are real chokes for choking the shot load upon exit and for these a nickle or quarter are all the tool I usually need. But if I can't pinch the coin hard enough, I still have my leatherman pliers to deal with it.

Quote:
and my surefire light attachment doesnt fit a 500.
Maybe... There is an app for that...

Quote:
With that said, I just want to upgrade my 870 to the fullest potential,
You will find few serious shotgunners that would go to a PGO (pistol grip only) and many of us would immediately remove even a pistol grip stock since it reduces the overall possible grip positions, holds, and firing positions...

Quote:
does anyone have a good sling suggestion, along with a sling mount? And if anyone has any other suggestions, add them please.
There are some guys on here well versed in the various "tactical" slings... Me? I go for the $9.99 sling at walmart etc. and the cheapest swivels that work...

Brent

Page generated in 0.02671 seconds with 8 queries