View Single Post
Old May 8, 2011, 01:34 AM   #1
ks_wayward_son

VZ 24 floor plate question

My most recent acquisition has been a VZ 24 7mm mauser from Southern Ohio Gun. I have heard mostly about the 8mm variation, so I was intrigued with the lesser known (to me anyways) 7mm. Needless to say, its probably going to be my first "real project" in the world of C&R collection. Stock looks like the surface of the moon, some rusting (but no pitting) on the metal. Sounds like a fun "before and after" ordeal. Anyways...the question @ hand. I looked up on the Surplus Rifle website about disassembly/assembly of the VZ 24, and noticed one of the steps was to "depress the magazine floor plate catch". Comparing my rifle to the pictures of the SR website, it looks like the hole in the floor plate of my rifle is more recessed...is a part needed in this instance? Or do I simply use a punch to push in this area to release the floor plate to remove the floor plate to get to the mag spring/etc? More than likely, everything is probably accounted for...but just checking with others. Thanks.

P.S. Sorry if the quality of picture is not very sharp...I don't think the camera takes very good close-ups.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00845.jpg (241.2 KB, 42 views)

Page generated in 0.04289 seconds with 9 queries