View Single Post
Old July 16, 2014, 10:14 AM   #38
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
...there is now a very simple 20 ga. single shot shotgun in their closet. I strongly suspect he would rather not have it there but suddenly it became a good idea. ..
Is he now going to follow Joe Biden's "advice"???? (sorry, couldn't resist..)

There are a lot of people who don't know guns. They don't like guns. And for them, that's a fine thing. I'm fine with people who don't want to have guns, or have guns around them. Its their choice, and one they are entirely within their rights to make.

BUT, I strongly dislike them foisting their belief system on me. And politician, telling me (through LAW) that I need stand cap in hand, head bowed, tugging on my forelock as they pass by, in order to get their permission to buy something that I already have a dozen of at home, EVERY TIME I want to buy one, AND which is my right, and one of the few rights specifically spelled out in the Constitution? That just grates on me.

What is the logic that says a 50yr old who hasn't even gottin a traffic ticket in 10 years, cannot own a spring loaded box above a certain size, because a 17 yr old, somewhere, went nuts? Gun Control laws seem to all be based on an automatic presumption of guilt. Personally, I find that repugnant.

A lot of people who don't care for guns, for themselves are ok with guns for those who want them. Many of them do support gun control, but only in passive way. Their support is not active, its just not opposition.

They don't oppose gun control, first, because it doesn't have a personal impact on their lives, and second, they accept and believe the lies told by the anti-gun crowd, mostly because they have had nothing in their personal lives to contradict those lies, and because, on the surface they sound rational.

But the real world is more than what is on the surface. Legitimate law abiding gun owners are misrepresented, mischaracterized, and even outright demonized in the media constantly. The media endlessly repeats sound bites and statements without any regard to the actual facts.

They tell how we are all dangerous, because we have/ want guns. WE are ALL the same as the deranged killer to them, we just haven't YET gone on a rampage killing spree.

What do you call it when you stereotype everyone in a group based on a single thing? Once it was called bigotry. Today it is called CNN....et al

Page generated in 0.02452 seconds with 8 queries