View Single Post
Old October 27, 2013, 06:24 PM   #7
Beagle333

The NOE WFN coated nicely. I think this one is going to be a winner.

The candy coating looks pretty, but I'm doubtful about its lube ability. I'll find out soon.

Things I've learned today:
1. My HF gun works best at 30 psi using the gauge at the gun. Less, and it tends to let powder build up in the tube and spits out clumps occasionally. This stopped completely when I left it on 30#. Keep in mind though, I don't know how accurate a $6 gauge really is.

2. My coatings added around .002-.0035 to the diameter, depending on color. This was not a problem, as they slid right through the sizing die so easily that I had to look to be sure it was the right one.

3. Do not attempt to cheat and use regular foil. That batch will get melted down and repoured. I was getting 2 batches per non-stick sheet. I got flashing on the 3rd, so started replacing it after 2. This will probably depend on how heavily you coat and how much overspray you have.

4. Changing colors is NOT an easy thing. It's about as easy to change the alloy in your pot, and about as time consuming. I think I'll stay with the HF red. It worked really great. (although many prefer the matte black, but I didn't have any black here.)

5. Now that I have figured out my spacing, I'm going to JB-Weld my nuts to the pan. It is a pain to line em up again after every changing of the foil.
Have a Colt and a smile.

Last edited by Beagle333; October 27, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries