Thread: New to IDPA
View Single Post
Old April 1, 2006, 09:03 PM   #3
geneinnc

be sure & look at the APPROVED holsters. Your going to need a holster and 2 magazine carriers on your belt. You need 3 100% working magazines, and a junker "Barney" mag to top off your gun before the stage. Every IDPA shoot I have been to has to be shot from concealment. I good CC vest is perfect for that. I have found some nice vests for $39.95 on the web. Most people use a Fobus holster, or some other brand of Kydex holster, and mag carrier. They weigh only 4 oz, and are very easy to draw. That being said I hate them for every day carry. Those things will strip bluing in a hurry. Around here IDPA means waiting an hour to shoot 10 rounds. IDPA is based on possible events you might face in real life. If you want to blaze away, buy a dozen mags & shoot IPSC. They shoot quite a few more rounds on their stages. You will have to shoot an IDPA qualifier stage. They will rate you after that. Just like a golf handicap, so you can shoot with similar skilled shooters.

Have fun. Be prepared to have SAFETY POUNDED INTO YOUR SKULL! If you have problems, or are just nervous, tell your Range Officer. People wil go out of their way to help you out. I always carry my gunsmithing box and extra mags & ammo. It has saved my day and many others. It's a nice way to meet people & make friends if your willing to loan them parts to get them through the day.

Enjoy. I wish I was going.

Page generated in 0.02829 seconds with 8 queries