SkyBehind

1939 Mosing Nagant, Izhevsk Round Receiver

Stock
- Archangel OPFOR Stock
- sprayed rubber for grip material on pistol grip
- installed swivel stud and bipod
- Carved out notch so that bolt can close completely

Barrel and Action
- Barreled action stripped to bare metal, bead blasted, and blued (hot/caustic bluing, not rub on stuff)
- Action drilled and tapped for Rock Solid Industries scope mount (installed)
- Barrel cut to 24" and crowned
- Cut off rear sight and sanded barrel to even out, bead blasted after.
- Installed 4-16 x 44 scope with illuminated reticle

Bolt
- Bead blasted and blued
- Bolt handle turned down and tactical knob added (MAX SHEPPARD BOLT PRODUCTS http://maxshepherdboltproducts.com/, only thing I didn't do myself)
- Pull ring added to bolt safety/cocker (OK, second thing I did't do myself. Wouldn't recommend for the Archangel stock, it can hit the cheek riser).
- Light load (21 lbs) stainless steel firing pin spring added (C & R Surplus Spring LLC [email protected])

Trigger
- Drilled trigger and added roller bar bearing (custom design) to reduce amount of trigger travel and reduce friction (smooth out pull)
- Reshaped, polished, and shimmed sear for lighter pull and to increase smoothness
- Installed trigger slack spring (C & R Surplus Spring LLC [email protected]) - trigger doesn't freely move/shake (i.e. rattle back and forth). *Spring puts slight forward pressure on trigger.

Trigger is reduced to 4.5 lbs (measured on Wheeler Engineering trigger scale) of pull (probably from about 16). *
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mosin Right.jpg (244.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg Mosin Left.jpg (244.2 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg Mosin Barrel.jpg (231.5 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by SkyBehind; September 16, 2013 at 03:59 PM.

Page generated in 0.02378 seconds with 9 queries