View Single Post
Old December 22, 2000, 10:39 PM   #5
tawakoni

Welcome, Huntman. It's always nice to see someone joining the reloading fraternity/sorority. Like you, I got my first Dillon strictly for .45ACP. Been reloading since '64 but I wanted a good progressive because I needed A LOT of .45s in a short time. I got an SDB in '90 and I still crank out at least 500/week. The customer service at Dillon is second to none. Some other things you will need in addition to the Dillon:

A quality scale. A set of 'check weights' would be nice.

A primer-flipper tray.

Dial Calipers.

Most importantly, one or more reloading manuals like Speer and/or Lyman. They have chapters for beginners. After you have read them, read them again.

A tumbler is nice to have but not required. I got my first tumbler when I got the SDB and wouldn't reload without one (I use all the range brass I can find). Bins, boxes and GI ammo cans are things you will acquire over time and wonder how you ever got along without them.

Don't plan on really saving money by reloading. Just plan on shooting a lot more for what you are spending. If you haven't already, check out Dillon's website: http://www.dillonprecision.com

Best wishes,

tawakoni

I don't know if I reload because I like to shoot, or I shoot because I like to reload...

Page generated in 0.02895 seconds with 8 queries