View Single Post
Old September 20, 2005, 09:45 AM   #101
DimitriS

The problem with hunting and keeping the older traditional methods the same is that compared to other sports hunting has no real "playbook" like most sports do and the fact that hunting in different locations means different styles and therefor different "playbooks".

Hunting cant be standardised so this is what causes younger hunters that didnt learn from someone older to change and do different things. And once these people outnumber thouse who get taught by someone else then the people who know the older ways might even go and use the newer ways because "its what everyone else does". So something needs to be done I think to the people that dont learn to hunt from someone else if you want to keep the sport traditional (I do ) but that needs alot of work books based on state your hunting etc because everywhere is different from what this discussion has brought up

Maybe someone should write a book about their "version" of hunting ?? Not about general hunting like they do in most books trying to cover as much different styles as possible but just one style for the whole book

Once I kill a deer this year using "older" methods that I was taught without any high tech gear like camaras etc I will post a picture

Dimitri

Page generated in 0.03358 seconds with 8 queries