Thread: Is this normal?
View Single Post
Old March 16, 2005, 01:04 PM   #4
kardinal

Coming down

When I come down from an adrenaline high, my hands shake, I sweat terribly, and feel like vomiting. Granted this is all explained by the biology, and the flight or fight response.

When an organism is caught in a situation that is frightening or stressful the body automatically responds by doing a number of things. Heart rate increases, blood vessels in the skin dialate (gives you that red flushed look - but it is so that you can sweat and release heat better), pupils dialate, your muscles tense and your liver starts breaking down fatty deposits for quick energy. Mentally you tend to narrow your focus down to just the situation at hand, and the immeadiate threat that you could expereince.

Then you resolve the situation. Now your body has no need to be tense and doing all of those biochemical and psychological things. Your body then starts to return to normal. In that process of returning to normal, your hands might shake, you might sweat, your back muscles may hurt from being tense, or you might start laughing from all the endorphins in your brain.

So to answer, your back hurting from calming down after a stressful situation. Yeah that is normal.

*Mr.Wizard hat back into the closet*

-J

Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

Page generated in 0.02955 seconds with 8 queries