View Single Post
Old February 20, 2012, 08:10 PM   #8
SerenityNetworks

Rimfire5, yes, I'm just educated guessing here. I've spoken now to a couple previous owners of the 30-06 BBR. Although neither could tell me about current rounds, both had good luck with 150 boat tails and both had shot Federals before going to hand loading.

While I didn't see the Fusion in 150 with a boat tail, they had one at 165. I would have preferred both weight and shape side-by-side, but it wasn't to be. So I went with a common shape. Hopefully you all won't be telling me I should have tried common weight first, as I already made the purchase :-) But maybe like you I'll find this particular rifle likes the heavier bullets.

Anyway, I am just trying to minimize the number of boxes I need to by before I find the one(s) my rifle likes. If I can get at or under 1 MOA with factory loads then I'll quite pleased. If I can do it with bullets that cost two-thirds the price of another then I'll be even happier.

Thank you everyone for all the input. It is very much appreciated and I'm learning and relearning with every post.

Andrew

Page generated in 0.03469 seconds with 8 queries