View Single Post
Old June 9, 2008, 07:18 PM   #7
UniversalFrost

for any muzzle loader you have to experiment with the loads to get one that shoots well in any gun. That is just the world of muzzleloading. I personally own an encore with the 209x50 barrel and a contender with the 209x45 barrel and it did take some time to find the bullets that each likes and the loads.

Many times I have found folks are shooting too heavy and too hot of loads for their guns. The only gun I have had that would shoot any load in it for a muzzleloader was a lyman great plains rifle, but these are not cheap.

Personally after reading and personally seeing CVA barrels fail with less then max loads have left me a skeptic of their line of guns. The fact that they would rather take folks to court when sued instead of just fessing up and recalling a gun line shows me that they are out for the money like any large corporation and don't care about the consumer after the sale.

The CVA rifles and muzzleloaders look nice and are a welcome competition for the thompson center monopoly of interchangable barrel systems, but they need to improve on their quality control before I will make the switch from T/C..

Also guys my favorite muzzle loader is the lyman great plains rifle in flintlock of course.

JOE

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Page generated in 0.03618 seconds with 8 queries