View Single Post
Old March 4, 2012, 11:09 PM   #1
hircus

Help to ID old .22 please.

Hi folks,

Inherited a single shot .22 recently, but having trouble finding out what it is and where to get parts for it.

I am pretty sure this is just a mass produced/no name rifle, with the only writing on the barrel being - HNC Joosten, Hamburg Model 29D -. Mr Joosten I think was probably just an importer of goods into New Zealand some time ago (doesn't exist now) - similar to Sears in the USA? I realise the shelf value of this rifle would be next to nothing, but the sentimental side is great, so looking to get it back up to scratch is possible (others have had a go as you can see in photos).

It appears the back of the bolt needs to be pulled backward to cock the pin, it will not cock on just closing the bolt. I know there is a extractor/ejector bit missing, I can remember seeing it years ago - and would like to try and track down a possible replacement (any suggestions?).

From the internet, I think the stock looks more like a FN/Pieper/Baynard but I am not sure. The only markings on the stock are FEB 1962 scracthed in behind the butt plate, but am almost certain this is a personal rather than factory touch.

Hopefully someone out there can identify the actual model this rifle is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks kindly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020233a.jpg (233.9 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg P1020236a.jpg (242.8 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg P1020238a.jpg (242.6 KB, 109 views)

Page generated in 0.02815 seconds with 9 queries