View Single Post
Old January 27, 2012, 06:44 AM   #1
Pond, James Pond

I need help getting info on Taurus warranty

I have read that Taurus have a life time warranty. On the gun!

I understand this to mean that they will fix a Taurus, regardless of age or whether the current owner is the original owner or not.

However, I have queries about this. If I am to take a punt on a cheapish second hand 85. I want to know what back-up I have from the company.

Now, before members answer they need to understand and take into account that I do not live in the USA. I live in Europe, and one little corner of it, at that.

So far the only information I have gleaned is from the Taurus International Manufacturing site. However, this is called Taurus USA dot com
This seems like a bit of an oxymoron.
Is it the USA site, or the international site?

In other words, I have no way of knowing is the terms they offer on that site are worldwide, or only for the USA affiliate.

So can anyone confirm for sure that this is a worldwide warranty policy?
Can anyone confirm whether they charge for parts under those terms, or labour hours etc...?

Over here I am almost 100% certain that a gunshop will take my gun, say they will fix it in house, then charge me a pretty penny for the parts and labour.
I want to be able to tell them that I know what I am entitled to and not to pull the wool over my eyes!

Page generated in 0.02489 seconds with 8 queries