View Single Post
Old June 15, 2014, 01:16 PM   #18
F. Guffey

Quote:
To OP, perhaps the issue is your press? I too have the Classic Cast Turret press, and I have found that I get very uncertain results on bottleneck cases when trying to arrive at uniform shoulder setback. Perhaps a change to a Rock Chucker or the like will assist you some.
Quote:
I get very uncertain results on bottleneck cases when trying to arrive at uniform shoulder setback.
I sort cases, I keep cases together, even after tumbling a hundred+ cases I have enough different head stamps sorted in groups of 20, 50, 60 or 100 the cases I am sizing have the same amount of abuse. Sorting cases is another way to reduce the mortal combat a reloader gets into when...reloading.

I did not spend a lot of time looking at 'it'. I can not master bumping, I have bump presses, I can adjust a press to bump if It was designed to bump but when the shoulder portion of the die contacts the shoulder of the case the body of the case supports the case body and the neck sizing portion of the die has already finished sizing the neck. The best I can od is controll the length of the case from the shoulder to the case head, again, I can not do that without case body support.

F. Guffey

Last edited by F. Guffey; June 15, 2014 at 01:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.02844 seconds with 8 queries