Thread: What to add?
View Single Post
Old February 26, 2013, 08:03 PM   #1
higgscharger

What to add?

Greetings,

I am fairly new to being a gun owner and shooter. Shot a bit through youth/college as a camp counselor with .22, but just now getting around to buying my own stuff.

Currently own:
NEF Pardner break action .12 gauge
Ruger Charger
Savage Springfield Model 120a bolt action .22 that was my dads when he was in high school

Mostly I am shooting for fun and just to learn a bit. I am looking for a true handgun (the charger is cool, but not really a pistol obviously) and a rifle.

Emphasis is on cheap to buy, cheap to shoot.

Handgun:
Looking for a .22 double action revolver or semi-auto pistol. My girlfriend wants to try this out and is not someone who would be comfortable shooting anything in a higher caliber.

Currently considering-

Low end: H&R 929 Sidekick
High end: Ruger MK II

Rifle:
I am not hunting and don't really care a great deal about super high performance, just want something I can get on the rifle range and enjoy improving with. Single shot bolt action would be fine with me, and actually might be a good idea because then I will slow down and think about each shot.

Currently considering-

Mosin-Nagant Model 91/30 Rifle

Sounds like they are easy to find, surplus ammo is cheap, and I am a history buff and would LOVE to have a 1940s era gun.

There is a gun show coming up in a few weeks and I was going to go and try and find these two. Anything else I should consider for the type of shooting/performance I am looking for?

Many thanks for the input.

Page generated in 0.02780 seconds with 8 queries