View Single Post
Old November 18, 2007, 11:10 AM   #3
Unclenick
Staff

I have that book. There is a lot of good information in it. Zediker is a competitor and not a professional writer, so the book does not have the smoothest prose, but the factual data in it is very good.

I would add that it becomes important to try to better understand the total mechanics of rifle accuracy and basic ballistics so you don't wind up beating a dead horse. In other words, you want to be able to tell when you've reached the limit of what your ammunition loading can control and when you need to take steps with your rifle.

Read Harold Vaughn's book, Rifle Accuracy Facts, 2nd Ed., Precision Shooting Publications, 2000. It has a couple of findings I take issue with, but in the main it provides a really good overview of how rifle mechanics and ballistics interact. Having been head ballistician for the White Sands sounding rocket program, Vaughn knows his ballistics.

Read through Dan Newberry's web site on his Optimum Charge Weight concept. Read Chris Long's theory of Optimum Barrel Time. Read this description of reloading for accuracy based on adjusting both bullet seating depth and charge weight, and the description of the Audette Ladder down below it.

There's a lot to learn and experiment with out there. Don't take on more than you find truly interesting to try at one time, or it'll turn into work. Keep it both safe and fun.

Nick
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle

Page generated in 0.02377 seconds with 8 queries