View Single Post
Old January 10, 2005, 06:12 AM   #1
dave3533

870 Express Magnum Jamming

Hey all,

I just purchased a brand new Remington 870 Express Magnum 18-inch. I have not fired it yet, but was cycling it to get a feel for it. It seems that about 1 in 6 cycles, the right shell latch (part #56) gets jammed open, causing the shells to not feed onto the carrier. It also makes the gun very hard to cycle from that point on. If I bring the Fore-end to almost the full back position, I can reach up through the bottom of the carrier and push up and right on the right shell latch (again part #56) and it "pops" into place, which clears up the jam and allows it to cycle untill it does this again. Does anyone know what is causing this? Once again this is a brand new gun and has never been fired, and it was in a sealed box untill I got it. I removed the trigger-guard and everything inside the gun appears to be in normal operating condition. This has been fairly disconcerting since this gun is intended for home defense. Any help would be great, thank you.

*Edit*

After searching the forum, I found a few posts of people having a similar problem. I'm posting two pictures of the slide channel that activates the right shell latch. It looks a little deformed to me, and sorry for the blurry pictures, not very good light here.

www.dave3533.com/rem00.jpg
www.dave3533.com/rem01.jpg

Cheers,
Ðave

Page generated in 0.02148 seconds with 8 queries