View Single Post
Old January 17, 2014, 12:35 AM   #11
LockedBreech

It's perpetually amusing that strong anti-gun moves by anti-gun people, when they have any level of success, generate truly massive gun sales spikes, and usually don't result in new laws. The practical result of the latest gun control push was to put millions more guns in the hands of Americans, many of whom might never have owned a gun without the specter of them being banned. My boss at a summer job, a very mild-mannered guy not remotely interested in guns before the last gun control push, asked for my help shopping and now owns a small gun safe with a Gen 4 Glock 17 and a shiny Colt LE6920, and took classes for both, just because he was worried he couldn't have one in the future.

Similar case in point, when they announced the administrative rules that were going to ban a range of incandescent light bulbs, my dad bought pallets of the suckers.

Americans don't like being told they can't have stuff, especially not in a paternalistic manner. I'm not sure how many things we have to try and prohibit or ban before that lesson sinks in.

Page generated in 0.03524 seconds with 8 queries