Thread: photo question
View Single Post
Old December 29, 2002, 11:42 AM   #1
fal308
Staff Alumnus

photo question

Finished reading the new SWAT the other day. The article on San Fransisco's Tac Unit was rather good but the pictures were showing another story. Were the photos staged demonstrations for the magazine or were they taken during actual training? I realize that there may be a time difference between the time the article is written and photos are taken, where anything may change. Ormost likely that the photos are provided from the department.
I noticed that not once were they wearing their goggles (or baclavas ), even in the stariwell.
The article also states that they carry HKs except for the EOD team, who carries ARs.
The ARs also have optics on them when the article states that the teams don't have optics due to possible malfunctions.

Also in Rob's article on Executive Security Intl.
Have you finished the full course and could you give a brief synopsis of the distance study part of the course?
I also noticed in the photos that you were in very casual attire. Did the school advocate dressing in appropriate attire (business or casual business)? I ask as the restrictiveness of business attire could make a difference in many of the skills available, time-wise?
Did the instructors who carried duty-style gear state their preferences for that over concealable gear? I noticed you made mention of it in the article but didn't see any followup to the initial mention.
You mentioned that you did the shooting portion not for quaqlification, so I assume that you will(did) have to go back for qualification shooting?

Keep up the good work!
fal308 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02694 seconds with 8 queries