View Single Post
Old May 12, 2008, 07:18 AM   #13
marshall2

Thank you

Thank you all for your comments about my article. Your comments have moved me to make a few small changes, mostly with regard to "liability," you might say. I wrote the essay from the viewpoint of a civilian, not a LEO (Law Enforcement Officer). Different rules apply. LEOs are required by law to get involved, civilians are required by law to get uninvolved, if possible. I still hold to the carry a lot/shoot little view, and that a mousegun is not a range gun. The purpose of a mousegun IN THE HANDS OF A CIVILIAN is to just give you enough edge to survive a life-threatening situation. There is little value in practicing shooting with a mousegun at ranges of more than 5-7 yards. The mousegun is meant to save your life in an up-close life threatening situation. IF YOUR LIFE IS NOT BEING THREATENED YOU MUST NOT SHOOT. If you shoot at someone more than 5 yards away, you will very likely be charged with a homicide, if you are a civilian. I believe that those of us who have concealed carry permits would do well to remind ourselves often that we are not LEOs, and we must not act like LEOs. Thanks again for all the comments.

Page generated in 0.03435 seconds with 8 queries