View Single Post
Old December 15, 2001, 07:44 PM   #7
BigG

Like a lot of you said, I've reloaded it until the headstamp is unreadable and it still works. I do flare the mouths, every time.

That said, I've found for me that of the paramilitary brass from the big 3 (Win, Fed, Rem) I throw away the Federal as it has a different internal taper from the other two. Win and Rem/UMC are superior for target loads with lead, which is what I reload. If I shoot hardball, it's new.

I have a couple of five gallon pails full of 45 ACP, mixed Win (my fav) and Rem/UMC. The occasional TZZ or other odd headstamp gets tossed when I come to it. I process my brass by decapping/resizing, tumble, clean primer pocket, wash in soap and water, dry, and then recap. Package in paper bags of about 500. Then all I have to do is take a package, measure the powder and seat the bullet and I have about 10 boxes. One of the five gallon buckets has the brass all processed except for recapping. I guess the buckets hold about 10,000 each.
o "The Earth is degenerating today. Bribery and corruption abound. Children no longer obey their parents, every man wants to write a book, and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching." Assyrian tablet, c. 2800 BC

o "In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain

o "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" Paul Harvey

o TODAY WE CARVE OUT OUR OWN OMENS! Leonidas, Thermopylae, 480 BC

Page generated in 0.02147 seconds with 8 queries