View Single Post
Old November 6, 2013, 09:46 AM   #21
Bongo Boy

I have one and have used it to load a fairly large number 10mm Auto cases--directly into the case. It works well and is one of the better-made pieces of gear I have. I bought a Redding a long time ago but sent it back as I had no use for it, and for what I do now it wouldn't be as convenient as a trickler with a large hopper on it.

The trickler is the only way I've found I can load 800X powder, as the stuff simply does not meter...period. In an effort to save a little pain and agony, I set the trickler up on a stack of books so that it drops directly into the case mouth, with the case sitting on the digital scales: 1) place case on scale, 2) Press TARE to reset scale to zero, 3) Trickle to get desired charge, 4) remove case from scale, 5) Repeat.

I find the gearing system is real sweet on this unit and allows for both reasonable speed and extreme control--with 800X I can get one or two flakes of powder at a time, if I'm in that mood.

The downward angle of the dispense tube is a bit much for dropping into the case directly, as the powder can came come out a little fast. I prop up the steel base (I think it's case iron, actually) at the front to reduce that angle--making the tube a bit more level.

I wouldn't trickle powder if I didn't have to, but I have this one situation where there's no choice. I could have just sold the 8 lbs of 800X, but it's actually one of the best powder choices I've found for 10mm and even if it wasn't, in this market I wouldn't sell crappy powder let alone good stuff.

IMO, if you have to trickle a lot or want to, this little gem was well worth it--very nicely constructed (exceptional, actually), high capacity, convenient gearing setup, and highly controllable.

Last edited by Bongo Boy; November 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.03261 seconds with 8 queries