View Single Post
Old March 8, 2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Ozzieman

I need help with the first BB gun that was made to shoot around corners.

The "around the corner" is a joke, see photo 1.

A family member gave me this gun last year. He got it from his father in law that had just passed away. When his wife saw the gun she threw a hissy fit since she would not “Have something in the house that will kill people.”
Anyway.
My problem is that I am trying to get it to function.
This thing is very well made. It’s made in West Germany by the “RWS” DIANA and is a mod-6.
The only other markings on the gun is at the rear of the larger tube a “05” and “87” and at the rear of the barrel “CAL 4.5/177. The grips are left handed for the thumb grove.
The trigger is something to be seen to believe. There are 4 different adjustment screws on the trigger, one for take up, another for pressure and I haven’t figured out what the rest are for. But the trigger is as good as my Colt Gold Cup that was made back in the 70's.
The gun is cocked by swinging the barrel downward. It breaks just forward of the larger tube. (See PIC 1) My guess is that a pellet is pressed into the back end of the barrel and once the barrel is closed you can then fire it.
There is an 0 ring at the back of the barrel that seals it to the larger tube.
The problem is that although the gun seems to function well there is very little air pressure that comes out of the barrel. There is also none coming from around the end of the barrel so I don’t think that the O-ring is leaking.
I am looking for any kind of document that shows how the gun is disassembled and if any one knows where any parts can be found.

Last edited by Ozzieman; October 3, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

Page generated in 0.03418 seconds with 8 queries