View Single Post
Old January 4, 2009, 08:15 PM   #12
sholling

Quote:
Their 110% price match guarantee is misleading as well. I found a scope for $50 less from almost every other online retailer. I had to call and give a list of vendors so they could see if they were "certified vendors". Then what you get is the price of the competitor and 10%of the difference. So I save $5 on the scope instead of buying it from the vendor who ALWAYS has a good price. I still buy stuff from them but their prices have gone from wholesale to high end of retail in the last couple of years.
I can't disagree. When they have a special going it's hard to beat their prices, but the rest of the time they're about average for an online retailer.

I can't speak for SWFA but a lot of these smaller online retailers have little inventory and rely on drop shipping from the manufacturer. That's why most can't tie inventory systems into the website. Optics Planet is or was that way, but if you call them their CSRs can access the manufacturers' inventory systems. It's not fool proof but it gives you the best odds of not getting stuck with a back order.

Page generated in 0.02650 seconds with 8 queries