View Single Post
Old January 31, 2011, 07:38 AM   #19
taylorce1

Quote:
Max pressures in a bolt gun are different from those in a gas gun.

If it were my rifle ... I'd stay away from commercial hunting ammo altogether.
It is a .308 rifle not a 7.62X51, hence the DPMS LR-308 not LR-7.62. This gas gun is built to handle the same pressure levels as a bolt gun in the same chambering. That is why it should be able to shoot the ammunitinon, and I say 2500 fps at 100 yards is no where near max pressure for either type of rifle.

Best I can tell the Win PM should have a muzzle veloicity around 2850 fps which is the same as the 155 grain Match ammunition offered by Hornady. Plus it seems checking Federal and Hornady's web sites seems 150 grains with a MV around 2850 is pretty much the standard. So if the match ammo and hunting ammo runs at that speed I don't know where he is going to find something that opperates at lower pressures.

I'm sure there is an ammunition problem here, with this box of ammunition. I wouldn't say that he is going to run into this problem if he uses it every time. This is why I said he shouldn't have shot it after the first time he had a primer blow. That way he could have sent the ammunition back to Winchester so the ammunition could have been pulled apart and the problem found.

Page generated in 0.02556 seconds with 8 queries