View Single Post
Old November 20, 2010, 07:10 PM   #34
ethan95

Quote:
Members here would like to help you and have an interest in you dilemma. Can you give us the name and phone number of the gun shop where you purchased the rifle and the date of your purchase?
I thank you all very much for your concern and help in this matter. as of 2:00 pm today the firearm was back in the hands of the store and i received a full refund (including tax). i don't feel comfortable giving out the name and number of the store, as this situation really wasn't there fault. They were very sorry(and quite angry) about the situation; and also said i can have a discount on any another firearm. Inter Ordnance has filled a law suite against the the state, the gun stores across the state are standing behind them. Last night there was a meeting regarding the matter with the NRA and a law firm from NJ. The NRA has there top lawyers on it. My name has been put on file with the gun store and in the case that the firearm is deemed legal, i will have the option to receive the same one i originally had. At this time there is no agenda for me to join in the suite against the state.

The updated complete story

The firearm i purchased was being sold on a very large scale, upon review of the monthly firearm sales, the AG noticed this particular firearm. The AG then determend the firearm to be an "assault rifle", and there for illegal by law. The NJ State Police were then involved. The NJSP contacted all FFL dealers and asked if they sold the firearm, and told each FFL they had 6 hours to gather the names and info of all people who purchased the firearm, and submit it to the NJSP. After realizing the massive amount of the firearms that were sold, the NJSP told all FFl dealers they had 48 hours "re-acquire" all firearms sold by them, and after 48 hours anyone who didn't return the firearm, their information needed to be submitted to the NJSP, and officers would then retrieve them. I was then contacted by the store i purchased the firearm from. Inter Ordnance was contacted by the state police and made aware of the situation. Inter Ordnance then contacted the NRA, and a law firm in NJ. Inter Ordnance has decided to take legal action against the state of New Jersey.

Page generated in 0.03163 seconds with 8 queries