View Single Post
Old August 13, 2012, 08:14 AM   #13
BlueTrain

Legalities aside, they have been a few pistols that were made to be used with shoulder stocks with the assumption that the pistols would be easier to make hits with at longer ranges. Essentially, it made them into carbines. Such pistols have been made since before the Civil War.

The best known of them was probably the Mauser military pistol, the C-96. I owned one with a shoulder stock about 45 years ago. It was an excellent pistol, I though, but the shoulder stock did not attached very ridgedly and was not as good as it as it might have been.

Lugers, Browning Hi-Powers and a few other pistols have been so manufactured, although I believe not all such pistols ever actually had shoulder stocks made available for use with them.

About the only disadvantage I can think of, other than any possible shortcomings in the actual fit of the stock, is that it makes a one-handed weapon into a two handed-weapon, which may or may not be good. These days, a carbine is more likely to be used instead, especially one with a folding or collapsible stock.
Buy War Bonds.

Page generated in 0.03770 seconds with 8 queries