View Single Post
Old October 31, 2008, 12:18 PM   #8
BigJimP

Ok Zippy ( what you smell is just a pulp mill up wind, not me...) - we'll meet in the middle, I'll take 7 targets in the .410 ( since I think you said you had a AAA average in .410 one day ...) and 6 in 28ga, 5 in 20ga and 4 in 12ga ..( that should make us even / even though I might still be the underdog).

Ok, so the first liar has no credibility / and I don't doubt you're crippled carrying that 85 lb gun case around .....

Bob, I don't know what to tell you about the 870's .... but you love em, you won't ever sell them ...

Truth - I'm 58 ( still working like a dog 20 - 30 hours a week ), but I do have 20/350 vision - with a great new trick developing in my right eye ( double vision ) especially funny when a target blurs and splits into 3 or 4 as it crossed the field .... It makes finding the front sight on my handguns a little interesting too. DeCot Hy-Wyd helped me out with some new shooting glasses - my opthomolegist put a prism into my prescription in addition to the progressive bi-foculs / to try and cut down on the double vision problems. Its better / but still comes and goes.

I'm not a registered skeet shooter - but I did manage a 94 last tue with my 20ga - light was good, dry, no significant wind and I was seeing the targets ok ( but no 25's .. shot a pair of 23's and a pair of 24's ). But with this eye problem, that's about as good as I can do unless I'm shooting a 12ga and throwing a bucket of shot around out there...so 96's or 97's are rare for me these days ( and I've never shot 100 straight ). But I can still hold a 92 - 94 average in 12, 20 and 28ga most days / .410 gets a little more shaky - but its still fun to shoot). We have some crummy days in the winter -wind and rain - and if we shoot, I usually shoot the 12ga Benelli super sport as my rain gun ( its a good all around skeet, sporting, hunting gun ).

The problem with these new carrier barrel sets, and you know this Zippy - but for anyone else reading our lies ... you really need to have someone like Krieghoff, Kolar or Briley produce or machine the carrier barrel vs just buying a 2nd barrel - since they need to be bored out, so with the weight of the tubes, the carrier barrel and tubes, then match the weight of the 12ga barrel for the set. So you carry one receiver / a carrier barrel for the tubes / a 12ga barrel in your 85 lb Americase ( and your little hammer and chokes ).

Right now with the value of the dollar so screwed up / the Krieghoff is pretty unattractive - with some mid grade scroll work, an upgrade on the wood - a K-80, paralell comb, adj comb, will a full set of chokes and new tubes is closer to $ 30,000 ( with the 85 lb Americase and hammer thrown in). Honestly, to me, it makes Kolar more attractive being made in Wisconsin. Even though I don't shoot registered skeet or sporting clays much at all anymore - I may order a once in a lifetime gun for my 60th birthday / before I retire .... but we'll see. Even if I do buy that Kolar or Krieghoff / I'll probably still keep my set of Browning skeet guns - for the grandkids, maybe coach some youth groups, etc - but a full blown K-80 with a carrier barrel and set of tubes is a pretty sweet setup ( no disrespect to the Perazzi ..).

Take care guys ( but I still think you should be ashamed for shooting a half dirty gun Zippy ).

I was shooting handguns last nite / and I cleaned both of them and put them back into the safe this morning before coming into the office at 9:30 ...(no slacking off up here..).

Page generated in 0.04731 seconds with 8 queries