View Single Post
Old October 22, 2006, 04:15 PM   #20
9mmMike

Quote:
I wasn't 100% happy with the plastic trigger assembly or the POS 'J'lock safety or the cheap plastic magazine follower that came on my new 870HD w/ 18" barrel and 2 round extension. I bought a new / unused complete aluminum trigger assembly on ebay for $27.00, a stainless steel magazine follower to replace the plastic one and a Wilson Big Button safety to replace the stupid lock. Now I feel I have a reliable well-built 870 that will serve me well for many years to come.
I agree with the j-lock dealy but we do not see many reports on failed "cheap plastic magazine followers" here either.
I would like to see some long-term reports on those heavy stainless followers with regards to peening in the mag tube as well. Especially with folks also upgrading (cough cough) to such heavy mag springs. My Kuhnhausen book seems to suggest this could be a problem.
I suspect that many of the folks who build this combo are not building guns that will ever see the mileage of my own 870's though.
The best follower I ever saw (IMHO) was one that Vang sold for a very short time. It looked exactly like the steel one they offer now but it was made of synthetic something-or-other.
I'd rather spend the money on ammo and range fees but as always......I could be wrong.
Mike
IF YOU LIVE IN PA AND DID NOT VOTE, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE YOUR GUNS!

Page generated in 0.03170 seconds with 8 queries