View Single Post
Old March 26, 2013, 02:07 PM   #22
FISHY-A-NADO

I live quite a few miles from where I work and pass 3 Wal-Marts and 1 Bass Pro shop every day. I hit every one of them at least 3 times a week just hoping that some ammo on my wish list has magically appeared. Alas, that has not been the case so far...and I have been doing this since mid-January.

In the Bass Pro, one entire aisle of shelving some 20-30 feet long (maybe more) and 4 or 5 shelves high has nothing but row after row of little white tags stating that the ammo that used to ocupy this space is temproarily out of stock. Not one single box in the entire section. They have plenty of shotgun shells and a semi-decent supply of centerfire rifle ammo (except for .223 it seems) but if it'll fit a wheel gun or semi-auto pistol, you might as well be looking for solid gold bars. It just ain't there.

The Wal-Mart nearest my home has plenty of shotgun shells but I actually took an inventory last night of their other ammo. They had:

2 boxes of .25-06, 2 boxes of .308 Winmag, 1 box of .243 and 1 box of .270.

These same 6 boxes have been there for weeks. I asked the gentleman working the gun counter if he was seeing much ammo come in and his response was "Besides shotgun shells, the ammo we receive in a given shipment wouldn't normally fill the child seat on one of their buggies". He went on to say that he has not seen a brick of .22lr since Christmas.

Based on this, I would have to say that the clouds aren't parting yet in my neck of the woods.

Page generated in 0.02525 seconds with 8 queries