View Single Post
Old March 23, 2013, 11:10 PM   #1
ScotchMan

Help with 870 Express Models?

I'm hoping someone can clear up some confusion for me. I have a Remington 870 Express Magnum, Model 25077. I find the finish on it to be adequate, but nothing special. When I took it out of the box, I pulled a bunch of rust off it with some M-Pro7 and a cloth. I still occasionally get some rust when I clean it. It is rough but works perfectly.

Today I took my friend out to buy his first gun. We ended up with another 870, this one marked simply "Remington 870" on the receiver, and of much higher apparent quality. The finish was a lot smoother and I was struck by how much nicer it appeared than mine. It is a Model 25569, which I now realize is also an Express???

So my questions are, why is my receiver marked "Remington 870 Express Magnum" while his is marked "Remington 870", and why is the quality of his receiver so much nicer than mine?

I should mention my gun is quite a bit older. I estimate it was manufactured in the early 2000s but I don't know for sure. It is serial D603XXXX. His obviously is new.

Did the quality of the Express line increase at some point? Or will his look like this over time as well? Any insights would be appreciated.

NRA Instructor
NRA Member

Page generated in 0.03529 seconds with 8 queries