View Single Post
Old December 27, 2012, 03:28 PM   #210
Alabama Shooter

Quote:
well here is a summery if you are curious.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...2-ac8ca4359119

to sum it up she wants to make these firearms regulated the same way machine guns are today, thrown in the NFA and production of new weapons stopped.

Well I see some good stuff in there:
Quote:
Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
The little thingee that goes up is still on the naughty list. Some people are just spiteful.

Quote:
Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
These things were always hideously ugly. There are better looking ways to do a work around.

Quote:
Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes
Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
I think any rifle designed more than fifty years ago should qualify as an antique. But I do not understand the whole "hunting or sporting purposes thing0".

Quote:

Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
Background check of owner and any transferee;
Type and serial number of the firearm;
Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration
Somehow I don't think that is going to work. I don't believe that tens of millions of people are going to run out and register their guns, provide photo ID fingerprints and whatnot. That must be how they are planning on getting rid of the guns by making them "illegal".

I wonder what people who think they are having their rights violated and they are being pushed around will do?

Page generated in 0.02522 seconds with 8 queries