View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 11:43 AM   #12
buck460XVR

I agree with kraigwy. Before 2008, because of space and economic reasons, I generally kept enough reloading components on hand for a month or two of shooting. Never felt the need to have anymore. When I needed another jug of powder(1, 4 or 8 pounder) or case of primers it was just a short trip to the LGS to get them. If they didn't have what I needed, it was less than a week and I would get a call it was in. Prices were close enough to internet bulk pricing that I didn't even bother with Hazmat. Then without any legitimate reason after the election of '08 there was the frenzy and I learned my lesson well. Stuff came back on the shelves I bought enough to last a year. As time went by and I had extra cash, it went into reloading components. I now have stuff my kids will probably have to use after I'm gone. This frenzy came along and I have yet to go look for anything because I needed it. I did buy another 6000 primers, just because I found them at pre-frenzy prices.

But I didn't stock up on .22. Even back in '08 and early '09 when I was afraid of depleting my centerfire supplies, a trip to Wal-Mart resulted in a coupla of bulk pacs to spend the afternoon at the range with. There was always plenty more left on the shelf. Many times I didn't even go and look to see what was left in the range bag or on the shelf in the gun room, I would just stop on the way by and buy another box. This is the only thing that saved me. After going to everywhere I could think of to buy .22 ammo, I went back and scrounged thru the drawers, shelves and range bags. Found half-full and unopened bulk pacs, I never knew I had. Maybe 4000 rounds that were stockpiled without any intentions. Someone was looking out for me, and it wasn't me. But....I guarantee, once .22 ammo becomes readily available and reasonably priced, there will be a lot more of that put away knowingly.

Page generated in 0.03648 seconds with 8 queries