Thread: Bump Firing
View Single Post
Old October 21, 2008, 08:58 AM   #19
Stagger Lee

Quote:
stagger, There is another reason to setup a rubber band powered bump gun... Privacy... When you go tax stamp route on a full auto than you are giving up some privacy and anonymity.
So what? I've never had a reason to be afraid of owning something that's legal for me to own, and I don't live under the delusion that the federal government is lurking in the weeds waiting to take it away.

That aside, the whole "bumping" thing isn't anything like having a real full-auto so let's not even make the comparison. It's not reliable, you can't aim (although I know that someone will come along and post how "they" can hit every other apple on a tree four hundred yards away bump-firing their SKS...this IS the internet, after all), and the very action is fundamentally unsafe in that you're basically just spraying bullets in a general direction because you're not holding the gun tightly or using the sights. It's nothing more then self-gratification and a stunning display of immaturity. Frankly I don't want anyone who does that sort of thing anywhere around me or my family with a gun...it's the stamp of an idiot and I'm perfectly fine with anyone who puts a rubber band or a shoelace or whatever onto a semi-auto going to jail and losing the gun if they get caught...and I feel the same way about Hellfires and cranks and any other gimmicks that the Rambo wanna-be's buy. These are the jerks that make all the decent gun owners look bad.

If you want a real full-auto, save your money and buy one and shoot it responsibly. If you can't or won't do that, then shoot the semi-auto ones that you can afford in a safe, responsible manner.

Page generated in 0.02746 seconds with 8 queries