View Single Post
Old February 13, 2014, 05:42 PM   #23
rdavidsonjr

I've been broken into and a thief takes what ever he sees as he moves at almost a run. If it stands out or is hidden in a usual hiding place he will take it. In our break in he took all gun down to the old single shot Winchester shotgun I got when I was a kid that was of relatively no value. They stepped over a large glass jug with about 350.00 in coins on the 18" high hearth of a fire place to steel a 15.00 clock off the mantel of the same fireplace. There were several more examples of the same in this break in. Simply put when they are in a hurry they see things that catch their eye and miss the most obvious.

Thieves now days are more likely to grab and run in and out under 5 minutes and very hard to catch usually tools from the garage or shop. Some have the nerve to case your place and pattern your schedule these are the ones that will be there long enough to find your guns and valuables in the closets, under the beds and hidden. Antiques are recognized as valuables and will be taken unless in a secure safe that keeps the theif in the house longer than their nerves can stand.

Last edited by rdavidsonjr; February 14, 2014 at 01:00 AM.

Page generated in 0.02646 seconds with 8 queries