View Single Post
Old September 21, 2013, 10:14 PM   #1
BerdanSS

458 socom build ?s

He guys, I'm wanting to venture into (for me) unknow waters with my AR. I have a upper "to end all uppers" that I built a while back. And to this day it has pretty much done nothing than sit in the safe. I have come to relies for myself at least, a 5.56 ar15 is possibly the most worthless thing I could ever own. I don't varmint hunt...at all. I have horses and livestock, but where they are...coyotes are a non issue. My knowledge is pretty much limited to the older AR standbys 5.56, 9mm and .50 Beowulf. I've never even held a SOCOM casing.

I want to have my ARs serve some role other than paper punching, looking pretty in the safe and being a, "Hey check this one out" piece. want a hog/deer gun....I live in Indiana, so .50 or 458. Not interested in the 6.8. I'm leaning towards the SOCOM. I will be reloading, so factory ammunition cost is not a consideration.

In perpetration for the build, will 458 brass fit out the ejection port of a standard AR upper? Or will I need to open it up like is needed for the Beo. or buy an enlarged port upper? I plan on trading my upper for one or selling it and building one to my specifications (preferred)

Last edited by BerdanSS; September 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM.

Page generated in 0.02839 seconds with 8 queries