View Single Post
Old March 2, 2010, 08:02 AM   #51
2damnold4this

Quote:
Imagine if one of your dogs were loose and someone decided to shoot it because they felt it was a 'threat' - maybe to their cat or bird or flowerpatch... Imagine how PO'd you'd be at yourself, the dog getting loose, and the other person for shooting it. Maybe a beagle is a stretch, but what if you had a big dog that could be mistaken for a threat or a coyote... and someone blasted it for kicks.

Then maybe you can understand why it would upset someone else (aka me) when people justify shooting a coyote that's out minding its own business in the middle of some field.
Since the coyote doesn't belong to you, you shouldn't have a problem with someone shooting a coyote.

I think it's been made abundantly clear that coyotes are not only not endangered but need to be controlled in certain areas. The federal government thinks coyotes need to be controlled and uses poisons. State governments think they need to be controlled and the majority of us on this board feel the same way.

Quote:
As for being a troll, like I said before if you wanna tell a hunting story that involves some skill of a hunt, I'm all ears. While 'hunting' certainly can be 'sport only', I like to think of it as hunting for the sake of eating or using the animal. Effectively stepping off your back porch and capping a large dog a few hundred meters away with a bolt action rifle just ain't huntin' and ain't impressive...

Here's my "hunting" story: Dear diary. Today I was at the range. There was a gong 400 meters away. I shot it. It rang. That's all.
If you think shooting a coyote with a 112 year old iron sighted rifle at 400 yards doesn't take skill, you must be a godlike master of shooting. I think it's more likely that you are upset that someone shot one of your coyotes and simply decided to try and insult the op.

Page generated in 0.03476 seconds with 8 queries