View Single Post
Old December 31, 2013, 04:01 PM   #23
Josh Smith

Grizzdude is using one of my sights. When it left here, it was so sharp I jabbed my thumb with it!

I understand he may have blunted it just a bit.

Still, man, I tried seeing it on my rifle. My eyes don't cooperate like his do! I couldn't see the sharp tip of that sight easily, and couldn't shoot 1000 yards like that period.

I do really like that rifle of his. I sent him a trigger I made, but I understand he went back to the stock trigger as it was well-matched to the rifle, and is saving the two-stage trigger for another Mosin (can't wait to see what he does with it!)

The rifle is epoxy and pillar bedded. This is not cheating; it's a faster way to achieve what the Finns achieved with proper inletting and shimming of the stocks.

They required 1.3MOA, proven at 150 meters, from each rifle issued.

The platform is more than capable of this type of precision. I'm sort of surprised a the performance of the Brown Bear he's using. It's flat out excellent for production ammunition produced in a former military ammo plant.

I've tried talking Grizz into handloading for that rifle, using fireformed cases and SMK bullets. Betcha' each bullet would hit at 1000 yards.

That Brown Bear 174 grain should be going about 1050fps at 1000 yards. It begins going trans-sonic at 900fps, becoming subsonic at around 950 yards. This holds true from sea level to 1000 feet above sea level.

Regards,

Josh

P.S. I really want your eyesight, Grizzdude! What is it, 20/10???

Page generated in 0.02261 seconds with 8 queries