Thread: 6.5 Creedmore
View Single Post
Old June 11, 2013, 01:26 PM   #17
MtnCreek

Quote:
I was using hornady match 120gr A-max's, and every few shots, the bolt would come back hard. On about the 25th round fired, the bolt flat-out refused to come back with any reasonable tugging. I got it home and removed the scope. After a few firm bumps with my palm, it still refused to budge. I finally got the round unseated after some careful tapping with a rubber mallet. Nothing appeared to be wrong with the casing, but not having a Mike I couldn't tell for sure. I called the place I bought the gun from and they said that overpressuring seems to be a common thing with the hornady 6.5 creeds. I do believe I will get into handloading.
I haven't heard that about factory ammo. IME, factory Hornady ammo is loaded below the cartridges potential regarding pressure.

It sounds like you have a chamber issue. Improperly cut or maybe a bur was left in there. I would clean the barrel / chamber and if it still had issues, I would send it back to Savage.

Quote:
If you did consider the 6.5x47 Lapua, why did you decide on the Creedmoor?
6.5x47 brass costs over twice as much as Hornady brass. The Horn brass is good stuff; I'm not saying it's Lapua quality, but close enough after prep. YMMV.

Page generated in 0.03731 seconds with 8 queries