View Single Post
Old November 12, 2009, 07:30 PM   #27
wpcexpert

Quote:
Well, even I knew what I meant, but that was still a funny blooper. I will still fix it, however as it is just not appropriate.
I knew it was a blooper. It made me chuckle so loud, the wife came over to see what was up.

Random was a poor choice of words. It just seems like folks think I am seeing deer, shooting at deer and praying for the best. That assumption is way off base.

Quote:
So they weren't just shooting randomly, but had they managed to actually hit the animals
I'm not at all saying that I'm 100% all the time. No one is. I've lost deer, and it makes me sick. I was counting up the deer I've hit and never found. I came up with 5. Two I know survived, and one other probably did. Only one of the five was due to an "un-approved" angle. That buck was at 5 yds and facing me. I tracked him for over 400 yds and he made three scrapes along the way. I mis-judged the distance or deflected on the others.

Quote:
Unfortunately we won't get a picture of the deer you will lose.
That's so profound I don't really know how to respond. But seriously, I know that, and the consequences of everyshot I take...rifle and bow. I don't shoot if I don't know that I can put the deer down in 8 seconds or less. Sometimes, crap happens. Even when the situation is ideal, crap can happen. But I take the responsibility very seriously.

Practice, practice, and then do it all over again.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.03433 seconds with 8 queries