View Single Post
Old June 1, 2000, 08:45 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Congratulations on the purchase! You may want to read up on the different styles of registered firearms as certain styles can have different modifications while some styles can have no modifications (registered receivers vs registered sears vs registered trigger packs etc). Not sure how much impact this would have on Uzis, it has a major impact on HKs though. I believe that the registered receiver is a good way to go though, as parts can easily be replaced IIRC.

Quite a few folks have turned their FAs into competition guns. There is an organization similar to IPSC for FA only. Don't recall the name at the moment, National Full Auto Association comes to mind but not sure if that's correct. There are many classes; optics, iron sights, racegun, stock etc. I've seen some of the competition while at Knob Creek. There are all sorts of classes. It's really cool when a suppressed gun comes up to the line and goes at it .

If you get a suppressor, make sure you buy quality as they are not, in the main, maintenance-free. Buying parts for many suppressors will require a tax stamp also (baffle kits, if you can even find one).

You may want to check out Small Arms Review magazine. It is a magazine mostly to the class three world. It is an excellent publication. This is the only gun magazine that I still subscribe to. They aren't cheap though. They can be reached at www.smallarmsreview.com. They have done some articles on the Uzi IIRC.
Some other excellent resources on the net are Tom Bowers site-www.subguns.com and Big Jim's Machinegun Sanctuary www.bigjimsmgs.com. These two sites have quite a few links that should be able to help you out.

------------------
TFL End of Summer Meet

Page generated in 0.03285 seconds with 8 queries