View Single Post
Old July 10, 2014, 05:49 AM   #9
iraiam

Quote:
In training I've read and have been told by some that I would want to train myself to be able to shoot with both eyes open, whether or not I'm using irons or optics on my firearms.

I've found that I typically have a great deal of trouble shooting this way as I can't seem to get my left eye to "shutoff" and my right eye to "focus". Apparently this technique is good for competition shooting among other things which is something I want to get into.

That said, does anyone have some advice to help me become more accustomed to shooting with the open eyes technique?
Kimio is offline Report Post
Do you wear glasses? when was your last eye exam.

The reason I ask, is I have had the same trouble for 20 years . I am extremely left eye dominant. My optometrist says this is most likely due to my right eye having an astigmatism, he also said I should be wearing my glasses all the time, which I just recently started doing.

I recently started wearing prescription safety glasses while shooting, and found I was able to shoot with both eyes open much easier than in the past.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason

Page generated in 0.02654 seconds with 8 queries