View Single Post
Old September 15, 2009, 11:47 AM   #22
snuffy

Quote:
I agree with ya that the old timers know a lot about bullet casting and such but I was asking because all the reviews I've read concerning the Lyman manual complain about it only covering loads using Lyman molds and only have a select few load data tables for certain powders. I'm the type that tends to read tons before I spend a dollar. I insist on getting the most for my money and I will research for months before investing in anything I want to last a long time.
There's so many different bullet molds that you'll never find specific info for particular bullets. What you have to do is interpolate what you find into a different but similar bullet. What that means is, for instance, a Lyman 200 SWC 45 acp bullet gives a certain powder charge. Use that for a lee 200 SWC, being sure you start at the recommended starting load and work up. As long as the two bullets are close to being the same, you'll be fine.

I do the same thing for the lee 200 RFN, round flat nose. Mainly because my SA 45 1911 doesn't like to feed SWC bullets. The lee works just fine.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02340 seconds with 8 queries